Palette Software is a Fintech software developer and distributor. With our software applications, knowledge and partners, we help customers automate their Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) processes. Our customers and partners are located worldwide acrosss Europe, North America, Australia and more.
The HQ for Palette Software is in Stockholm, Sweden. The U.S. division is responsible for sales, distribution and support to partners and customers in North America. The North American business is growing fast and the office in Chicago is the center for the buildup and expansion of the organization in U.S.
Stockholm is the center for the corporate Financial department and the shared service organization. You’ll be a part of this international financial organization and will collaborate daily with both colleagues within the business operation in North America and the Finance department in Sweden. In the U.S. you’ll be managed by the Country Manager.
This is an opportunity to expand your expertise within several financial and accounting areas in an international business environment.
Your initial onboarding and training will be executed both in Chicago and in Stockholm. You will need a passport and be prepared to travel to and spend time in Stockholm.
You need to be able to start working and travelling in August.
During 2019 we will roll out NetSuite as our new global Financial/ERP system. In the U.S. we will go live with NetSuite in October.
Key areas and responsibilities:
- Assists in month-end close, including account reconciliations, accruals, cost centers, intercompany transactions and other month-end close duties and reporting.
- Processing of Accounts Receivable and review customer invoicing procedures for supporting contracts and other forms of billing documentation.
- Processing of Accounts Payable and review vendor invoices for appropriate documentation for workflow approvals (we use our own automated workflow system), prior to posting and payment.
- Process payments of approved vendor invoices and employee expenses.
- Support the process of vendor reminders and collection.
- Support monthly cash flow analysis.
- Support forecast analysis.
- Supports stakeholders (employees, vendors, customers etc.) by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Provide assistance to HQ Senior Accountants, Accounting Manager and Controller in analyzing and interpreting financial data and reports.
- Provide assistance to internal and external audits, e.g. annual Tax Audits by third party.
- And other compliance activities, e.g. SOC Audits by third party.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Accounting.
- Experience with NetSuite (month-end close, receivables, payables).
- Excellent collaboration skills and enjoy working with different teams and areas over time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ethical behavior to maintain discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive and confidential material.
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications suite. Strong skills in Excel.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must pass third party criminal record screening and drug test screening.
- Located in the Chicago metropolitan area.
Please contact the Country Manager by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.